During the hot summer months there is nothing quite as satisfying as a cold fruity salad. But a grape salad, well, there is nothing quite like a grape salad. Fruity, sweet, creamy, nothing’s better on a hot summer day.
I’ve been craving this delicious salad all summer. But, with it being a sweet salad I was concerned that I couldn’t quite fit it into a Trim Healthy Mama diet. So I began playing around with recipes. I finally came up with one that I think tastes great and relieves my craving for a satisfying cold grape salad.
This tasty grape salad recipe is so great, it’s perfect to take along to a summer picnic, church potluck or as a companion dish when entertaining. You won’t be disappointed.
With 6g of fat and 10g of net-carbs this falls into the S category per serving, if eating as a snack. With a meal, you’ll need to watch your carb count. But, you can further reduce the fat by eliminating the nuts to make it a fuel pull.
- 1/4 Cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- 4 oz. low-fat Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 T. Brown Sweetener (Make your own brown sugar using on-plan sweetener (I prefer Pyure).
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (for this recipe I used chopped walnuts and pistachios)
- 2 1/2 cups whole seedless grapes (I used all seedless black grapes but you could mix for a variety of color).
- Cream together, cream cheese, yogurt, and sweetener.
- Fold grapes and 1/2 the amount of chopped nuts into mixture.
- Place into serving bowl and sprinkle the rest of the nuts over the top.
What is your favorite summer salad? Please share a link in comments.
You May Also Like