The fall months offer up several opportunities to create amazing and delicious flavor combinations. In the fall months, comfort food is usually the name of the game. With so many different delicious vegetables in season and several different fall flavor profiles to choose from, you should have no trouble finding fall dinner ideas to serve your family this season.
These recipes are truly soul-warming comfort foods that your family will love. You’ll find all you need right here to create some new and exciting dishes for your family.
The fall months are the perfect time to jump in and create fabulous fall dinner ideas. It doesn’t have to be complicated, in fact, there are several different delicious dishes you can make.
This post contains affiliate advertisement links.
Fancy Fall Dinner Ideas
From Sweet Potato Gnocchi to yummy Louisiana Seafood Gumbo with Okra there are fall dinner ideas on this list to serve everyone seated at your table.
Instant Pot Fall Dinner Ideas
An Instant Pot makes it so easy to get fabulous fall dinner recipes on the table without a lot of fuss. Your family will appreciate the tender, delectable dishes that you’ll be serving and you’ll love the simplicity that the Instant Pot provides.
- Stuffed Pumpkin – Simply Happy Foodie
- Whole Chicken Recipe – Tasty Galaxy
- Beef Stew – Tasty Galaxy
- Chicken Fricasse – My Kitchen Love
- Creamy Coq au Vin – Went There 8 This
- Classic Pot Roast – This Old Gal
- Stuffed Squash – Recipes from a Pantry
- Herbed Lemon Salmon – Monday is Meatloaf
- Cranberry Turkey Sloppy Joes – This Old Gal
- Short Ribs – Pressure Cook Recipes
- Oxtail – Pressure Cook Recipes
- Roasted Potatoes – Pressure Cook Recipes
- Chicken Vindaloo – Piping Pot Curry
- Pumpkin Curry Chicken – This Old Gal
Fall Dinner Ideas with Chicken Recipes
Chicken is perhaps the most versatile meat to use in home cooking. It’s both affordable and healthy. And, of course everyone loves it. That’s why chicken recipes are a must for fall dinner ideas.
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken – Dancing Through the Rain
- Creamy Paprika Chicken Skillet – Everyday Maven
- Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata – The Gluten-Free Option
- Paleo Chicken Piccata – Regain Your Sparkle
- Roasted Cinnamon Apples and Chicken – Swirls of Flavor
- Baked Chicken and Vegetable Oreganata – Swirls of Flavor
- Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary Whole Roast Chicken – Bowl of Delicious
- Sauteed Chicken with Shishito Pepper Sauce over Cheesy Polenta – Fearless Dining
- Easy Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs – Play Party Plan
- Burmese Chicken Curry – A Hedgehog in the Kitchen
- Red Curry Chicken – A Hedgehog in the Kitchen
Fall Pork Recipes for Family Dinner
Pork and fall go hand in hand. That’s because recipes with pork are comforting. You can pair it with apples, squash, or pumpkin for savory and deliciousness. Or, pair it with mushrooms for that wonderful umami flavor.
Pork is a wonderful family dinner idea and these make great additions to your dinner menu.
- Pork Tenderloin – Here on the blog
- Garlic Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin – Keto Cooking Wins
- Stuffed Pork Loin with Gravy – Keto Cooking Christian
- Herb Lemon Pork Loin – This Mama Cooks
- Perfect Filet Mignon for Two – Cooking with Curls
- Roast Pork Tenderloin with Vanilla Apple Chutney – Bowl of Delicious
- Mushroom Spinach Stuffed Pork Tenderloin – Spend with Pennies
- Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin Stuffed with Herb Goat Cheese, Spinach and Mushrooms – Monday is Meatloaf
Fall Dinner Ideas for Beef
A good pot roast is sure to please the family or any guests who happen to join you at the table. Beef makes for an indulgent, tasty dish any time of the year, but it’s especially good as a fall dinner idea. When the weather starts to turn cooler it warms you up, body and soul.
I grew up in a meat and potatoes kind of family. So for me, beef is a staple that brings family and home to mind whenever it’s on the table.
- Maple Glazed Pot Roast – Food Wine Sunshine
- Mississippi Pot Roast – Salt and Baker
- Blueberry Balsamic Braised Beef Short Ribs – Dish n the Kitchen
- Sausage Meatballs and Rice Timbale – All That Jas
- Grilled Flank Steak Pinwheels – That Guy Who Grills
- Braised Beef Short Ribs – Jennifer Cooks
Fall Dinner Ideas with Squash, Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Recipes
Nothing says fall as much as squashes and pumpkins. These orange veggies are abundant during the fall. And, whether you prefer your pumpkin sweet or savory it’s a healthy addition to your family dinner table.
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi – Strength and Sunshine
- Vegan Butternut Squash Risotto – A Sweet Alternative
- Turkey Roulade with Butternut Squash – Everyday Delicious
- Mac and Cheese Stuffed Acorn Squash – Everyday Family Cooking
- Squash Carbonara with Crispy Prosciutto and Sage – My Kitchen Love
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup – Play Party Plan
- Butternut Squash Curry – Little Sunny Kitchen
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup – Play Party Plan
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes – The Soccer Mom Blog
- Rigatoni with Spicy Pumpkin Sausage Sauce – Smart Savvy Living
- Slow Cooker Beef and Pumpkin Stew – Recipe This
- Creamy Pumpkin Sage Sausage Pasta – Snappy Gourmet
- Wild Rice Stuffed Mini Pumpkin with Herbed Breadcrumbs – Crowded Kitchen
- Pumpkin Goat Cheese Quiche – A Hedgehog in the Kitchen
Seafood Fall Dinner Ideas
When you think of seafood you might think it’s a delicious and fitting summer dinner idea. And, you’d be right. But, pair seafood with comforting foods and it’s a great fall dinner idea. There’s a reason why shrimp and grits is a classic southern comfort food. Or, pair salmon in a luscious butter sauce and you’ll find it’s a great family dinner idea for fall.
- Shrimp Salad with Dill – Keto Cooking Wins
- Copycat Ottos Shrimp and Grits – The Food Hussy
- Easy Crab Cakes – Wholesome Yum
- Louisiana Seafood Gumbo with Okra – Went There 8 This
- Lemon Butter Salmon Pasta – Recipes from a Pantry
- Smoked Salmon Lobster Bisque – All that Jas
- Bacon-Wrapped Crab Cake Stuffed Shrimp with Creamy Pesto Sauce – Jennifer Cooks
- Salmon Florentine – Jennifer Cooks
- Shrimp with Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner – Tasty Galaxy
Other Fantastic Fall Dinner Ideas
This season means there is an abundance of healthy harvest of vegetables. These fantastic fall dinner ideas will help you to utilize all those veggies, and even fruit goodies you might find in your harvest basket this season.
- Sauerkraut Ravioli with Spiced Applesauce – Strength and Sunshine
- Mushroom Risotto – Girl With the Iron Cast
- Eggplant Caprese Stack – Girl with the Iron Cast
- Short Ribs with Hominy Stew – This Mama Cooks
- Garlic Mushroom Pasta – The Clever Meal
- Tajine Lentil Stew with Whole Roasted Cauliflower – Dish n the Kitchen
- Healthy Fettuccine Alfredo – The Banana Diaries
- Orange Glazed Cornish Game Hens – Cooking with Curls
- Spatchcock Turkey – Spend with Pennies
- Cheese Tortellini with Butter, Mushrooms and Crispy Sage – Salt and Lavender
- Banana Apple Curry Soup – The Saucy Fig
- Lentil Stuffed Eggplant Boats with Tahini – Crowded Kitchen
- The Beefiest Turkey Chili – Periodically Creative
- Red Beans and Rice with Sausage – Monday is Meatloaf
- Three Mushroom Pasta – A Hedgehog in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Cheese Pie – Love and Good Stuff
- Porcini Mushroom Pasta – A Hedgehog in the Kitchen
The fall months offer the perfect time of year to indulge in some delectable and mouthwatering comfort food. With so many fall dinner ideas to choose from you are sure to please everyone gathered around your table. And, you’ll have enough ideas to plan dinner for the entire fall season.
What’s your favorite fall dinner idea? Tell me in the comments below.
Set a beautiful fall table with these fall supplies.