Who doesn’t love bacon? I mean the crispy, salty, savory goodness that is bacon just makes your mouth water! Doesn’t it? I sure does mine. So I wanted to pull together a grouping of Bacon Recipes that can easily fit with the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle!
This post contains affiliate advertisement links to 3rd party sites.
The great thing about the Trim Healthy Mama plan is that you don’t have to sacrifice flavor for healthy eating. In fact, they teach you how to balance your healthy fats with healthy carbs so you get the best of both worlds.
So unless, you have a religious reason for not eating pork, BACON is entirely do-able in a THM lifestyle. Even then, you can totally rock turkey bacon, or beef bacon as an alternative to any of the recipes below.
So I went searching on some of my favorite Trim Healthy Mama blogs and found these awesome bacon recipes to share with you.
Five Must-Have Bacon Recipes from Wholesome Yum
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus from Wholesome Yum
- Easy Cheese Ball With Cream Cheese, Bacon, And Green Onion from Wholesome Yum
- Bacon Chicken from Wholesome Yum
- Cream cheese Jalapeno Poppers With Bacon from Wholesome Yum
- Maple Bacon Pancakes With Almond Flour from Wholesome Yum
Four Awesome Bacon Recipes from Joy Filled Eats
- Bacon Ranch Casserole from Joy Filled Eats
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Pinwheels from Joy Filled Eats
- Bacon Caesar Spinach Dip from Joy Filled Eats
- Bacon Ranch Easy Chicken Salad from Joy Filled Eats
Three Delicious Bacon Recipes from Low Carb Yum
- Oven Baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders from Low Carb Yum
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Sticks from Low Carb Yum
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole from Low Carb Yum
Two Surprising Bacon Recipes from My Montana Kitchen
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Pizza from My Montana Kitchen
- Chocolate Covered Bacon from My MontanaKitchen
A Fun Dessert Bacon Recipe from TJ’s Taste
- Maple Bacon Ice Cream from TJ’s Taste
So MY favorite bacon recipe is a an old stand-by. Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato Sandwiches. However, I do prefer just bacon and tomato, no lettuce. I prefer lettuce on the side.
Start with 3-4 slices of bacon per sandwich.
To make the bacon “frying” process so much easier. Pre-heat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Or, use my favorite, a Large Bar Sheet Baking Stone from Pampered Chef. Then, set a baking rack on top of the pan. Lay the bacon out in strips side-by-side. Place in the oven and let “fry” in the oven. The fat drips down and leaves your bacon crispy and delicious. Since everyone likes their bacon done to different degrees of crispiness I’m not going to tell you how long to bake it. For me, it’s about 20 minutes. But, I prefer a more well-done bacon.
Then layer your bacon on a THM approved bread such as the Queen’s Nuke Bread (see video below), or the WWBB (Wonderful White Blender Bread) from the Trim Healthy Table Cookbook on page 242.
Spread a small amount of your favorite mayonnaise on both sides of the bread, top the bacon with fresh, ripe, tomatoes, and lettuce (if that’s your thing). And YUM! So, so good.
Another alternative to a traditional bread would be to use low carb whole wheat tortillas. Which I sometimes do as a Drive thru Sue alternative. You can also use an excellent sourdough bread slice, halved.
Or try these Keto Bagels from MakesandBakesbySteph on Etsy.
Ok… I really want to know! What are your favorite bacon recipes? Even if they aren’t THM specific. Because most likely they can be adapted to be on-plan. Share a recipe idea, or link to a recipe or a pin that you love in the comments below. I can’t wait to check them out.
So do you just LOVE bacon?
Check out these fun, bacon gadgets.
- I Love Bacon Mug
- Bacon Periodic Table T-Shirt
- Cure Your Own Bacon Kit
- Farmhouse Style, Bacon, Eggs, & Milk Sign
You May Also Enjoy
Quick and Easy Green Strawberry Grape Smoothie Recipe
10 Favorite Trim Healthy Mama Sites and Posts
15 Zoodle Recipes You Can Alter to Stay on the THM Plan