A Good Man Loves Others Before Himself
“Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.” 1 Peter 3:7.
How Does a Good Man Love? Let Me Name Five Ways
- He let me sleep in this morning. When I woke up I said, “I’m sorry I slept so late.” He said, “You have the right to sleep in late.” I said, “Why is that? I feel quite lazy.” He said, “Because you are the queen of my castle and you deserve to have what you need.”
- Since my dear friend, Sam, invited me to tag along to Nashville this week for the Teaching them Diligently Conference, Beloved was thrilled for me to have an opportunity to get away with another homeschooling mom. He knows that it is through such interactions as well as the conference sessions, that I am encouraged in my own walk as a homeschooling mamma. He has prepared everything necessary for me to make the trip with ease and safety. He asked my MIL if we could borrow her new car so that I could make the trip in a more reliable vehicle than the one that we own, he already filled up the tank so that I won’t have to and then set about rearranging the budget so that I would have more than enough. When I said, that I don’t’ plan to spend nearly that much since I’ve already gotten most of what I wanted for next year at the Cincy convention, he said, “That’s ok, I would rather you have enough so that IF you need it, it is there.” BE STILL MY HEART.
- With all of the trees down in our yard, and our neighbor’s yards, he is cutting, splitting, moving and stacking wood for next winter. He does this to heat our home for the winter. It is a lot of hard work, but he is diligently doing it with love in his heart for his family and I am grateful.
- He is diligently seeking full time employment, weekly he is applying for jobs. In the mean time he seeks out as many opportunities as possible to work independent contractor jobs for various television broadcast organizations. He could choose to stay at home enjoying his time and accept unemployment checks weekly, but instead he seeks to work. He believes the best way to provide for his family is to work for his living, and he is doing such with great resolve, only taking unemployment benefits when it is absolutely necessary. I love and admire him for his honest integrity when it comes to this.
- He carries laundry baskets up and down stairs for me. Or, has Little Man do it for me. He understands that it is a strain on my back and he determines to help me so that I don’t have to.
He is a Good Man, and I am so very blessed to have him as my husband. I thank my Father for leading us to each other and I pray that I am also a blessing to him.