Family mealtimes are incredibly important to the connection your family shares with one another. While there are several delicious recipes out there, it can be difficult to find Family Dinner Ideas for Big Families.
This is because a lot of recipes cater to the traditional, 3 or 4 person family. In fact, can seem impossible to find a recipe that suits the needs of a large family without having to double the recipe. While it may seem difficult, it doesn’t have to be.
Maybe you are reading this and thinking, but wait, she only has one kid. What does she know about big families? True, I am a mom to an only child. But, I grew up with 2 sisters and a brother, we were a family of six. And my mom taught me how to cook. I also grew up surrounded by my larger extended family. I was the second youngest of 25 grandchildren. We often got together for large family meals. So, I understand what it takes to pull together a meal for a larger family.
This post contains affiliate advertisement links.
While many recipes are constructed with smaller families in mind, there are ways to make this work but that might seem complicated if you aren’t confident in cooking. While you can double smaller recipes, that can be confusing and time-consuming.
Thankfully, there are several amazing and delicious dinner ideas for big families out there that will not only impress your large family but also keep their bellies full.
Family Dinner Ideas for Big Families
When it comes to creating amazing family meals for your large family, there are several delicious options to choose from. From slow cooker recipes to meals cooked in the instant pot, there is something for every member of your big family.
Beef Dinner Ideas
- Keto Meatball Stroganoff with Mushroom Gravy – How 2 Do Keto
- Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole – Baking Beauty
- Beef Enchilada Casserole – Baking Beauty
- Friendship Casserole – Cook Eat Go
Chicken Dinner Ideas
- Slow Cooker Chicken Dumplings – Cincy Shopper
- Instant Pot Pesto Chicken – This Old Gal
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta – Savvy Saving Couple
- Chicken Tetrazzini Egg Noodles – Savvy Saving Couple
- Chicken and Rice Casserole – Crayons and Cravings
- Easy Oven Baked Honey BBQ Chicken Drumsticks – Plating Pixels
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole – Cincy Shopper
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole – Home Made Interest
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole – Dancing Through the Rain
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – Joy Filled Eats
Pasta Dinner Ideas
- Lasagna Roll Ups – Cincy Shopper
- Cheesy Pizza Pasta Casserole – In the Kids’ Kitchen
- Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs – In the Kids’ Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Ravioli – Home Made Interest
- Creamy Pierogi Casserole – In the Kids’ Kitchen
- Easy Spinach Pesto Pasta – Tales of a Tired Mom
- Instant Pot Sausage Rigatoni Pasta – Extreme Couponing Mom
- Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta – This Old Gal
- Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta – Extreme Couponing Mom
- Chicken Broccoli Bake Tortellini – A Magical Mess
Easy Dinner Ideas for Families
- The Best Instant Pot Mac and Cheese – Instant Pot Chef
- 5 Ingredient Breakfast Pizza – Tales of a Tired Mom
- Baked Taco Casserole – Were Parents
- Instant Pot Taco Sloppy Joes – This Old Gal
- Sheet Pan Peppers and Brats – The View From Great Island
- Keto Meatball Marinara – How 2 Do Keto
- Taco Casserole – Joy Filled Eats
- Instant Pot Keto Pork Roast – How 2 Do Keto
Soup & Stews Dinner Ideas
- Delicious Hearty Instant Pot Beef Stew – Extreme Couponing Mom
- Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup – This Old Gal
- Old Fashioned Goulash Recipe – Dancing Through the Rain
Seafood Dinner Ideas
- One Pot Coconut Curry Shrimp – Plating Pixels
- Mediterranean Sheet Pan Salmon – The View From Great Island
- Instant Pot Dijon Shrimp Linguine – This Old Gal
With so many fabulous dinner ideas for big families, your family meals will become a lot less about doubling a recipe and more about eating and spending time together.
Don’t Miss These Posts:
- Family Dinner Ideas with Enticing Chicken Recipes
- Summer Dinner Ideas 25 Fruit Salsa Recipes
- Summer Dinner Ideas the Family Will Love