When it comes to high school, math is the one subject that gives most homeschool moms the most worry. Add to that, a good core math curriculum can cost $200, $300, or more and you might just want to throw in the homeschooling towel. But, let me assure you that you can find affordable, award winning, math curriculum without having to break the bank.
I am being compensated for my time to write this advertorial post. There are affiliate links below which means I may receive a commission when products are purchased. The information being shared is provided for informational purposes.
Homeschool Buyers Co-op is the worlds’ largest buyers club for homeschooling families. That means that their purchasing power allows co-op members the ability to find the most affordable deals anywhere for homeschool curriculum.
Five Reasons to Use Homeschool Buyer’s Co-op
- You’ll Find the Best Homeschool Curriculum.
- You’ll Discover Affordable Prices.
- You’ll be Thrilled by their “Golden Rule” Support.
- You’ll also Enjoy Free Resources and Services.
- You will learn about an Amazing Homeschool Planner.
Speaking of the homeschool planner offered exclusively at Homeschool Buyer’s Co-op, The Homeschool Planet, is the digital planner that I use to keep all my records straight.
Find Core Math Homeschool Curriculum from Homeschool Buyers Co-op
Homeschool Buyers Co-op has an award-winning selection of math products, including core curriculum, supplemental, practice programs, struggling learner programs, and games. With the advantage of GroupBuys and special offers for homeschool curriculum, you’ll discover math curriculum with a savings of up to 67% off.
I spent some time searching through the math programs available at Homeschool Buyers Co-op and found five I wanted to highlight that you can use to teach high school math.
For Grades 7-12
Get a 1-year subscription for only $29, That’s a 79% Savings!
Developed by experienced math teachers, the Knowre™ web-based curriculum, step-by-step support, instructional videos, and built-in reward system engage and personalize students’ learning experience around the globe. Practice questions focus on specific skills while application questions bring math skills to life.
With thousands of questions, your child will get plenty of math practice for Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry! Knowre’s achievement system rewards students for their hard work and motivates students to master math concepts and skills while fostering the development of critical math skills through supported practice and personalized assignments.
- Walk Me Through feature that supports students as they solve problems. With a click of a button, this feature will break the problem down step-by-step, mimicking the way a teacher would work with a student one-on-one. At many steps throughout the problem-solving process, Knowre provides short instructional videos that students can access to receive support. Students must show what they know through the steps and the program provides feedback on their answers. Students who practice with Walk Me Through double their chance of success when reattempting skills!
- A learning map outlines the content and sequence, enabling students to navigate the curriculum easily, engaging students in their math learning.
- Built-in Reward System: Students earn stars and coins which help to motivate and engage them and make math learning more fun.
- iPad app that supports handwriting recognition and has an onscreen scratch pad.
- Progress and Achievement: Parents can log into their student’s account to view the progress reports for each curriculum’s chapter and lesson, and click into each lesson index card to view performance by the question.
Knowre is web-based so your child can practice math on a computer or iPad anywhere there is internet access. With an annual subscription, students can download the iPad app to take advantage of the handwriting recognition feature.
For Grades K-12
Save 25%, get FREE Shipping, and get SmartPoints too!
With Saxon Math Homeschool you can help your child develop a mastery of math language and concepts, from kindergarten to advanced high school levels.
Saxon Math Homeschool is based on the teaching principles of incremental development, continual practice and review, and cumulative assessment. The programs are organized by:
Algebra 1: Students will develop the understanding they need to resolve more complex problems and functions with this step-by-step course. Covers topics including signed numbers, exponents, and roots; absolute value; equations and inequalities; scientific notations; unit conversions; polynomials; graphs; factoring; quadratic equations; direct and inverse variations; exponential growth; statistics; and probability.
Algebra 2: The Home Study Kit covers all traditional second-year algebra topics, as well as a full semester of informal geometry, are included with both real-world, abstract and interdisciplinary applications. Topics include geometric functions like angles, perimeters, and proportional segments; negative exponents; quadratic equations; metric conversions; logarithms; and advanced factoring.
Geometry: includes all topics in a high school geometry course, including perspective, space, and dimension associated with practical and axiomatic geometry. Students learn how to apply and calculate measurements of lengths, heights, circumference, areas, and volume.
Advanced Math: Prepare your students for future success in calculus, chemistry, physics, and social sciences! The 125 incremental lessons provide in-depth coverage of trigonometry, logarithms, analytic geometry, and upper-level algebraic concepts. Includes continued practice of intermediate algebraic concepts and trigonometry introduced in Algebra 2 and also features new lessons on functions, matrices, statistics, and the
3- CTC Math
For Grades K-12
Get 60% Off and a Full Year, Family Plan Access, plus get 500 Smartpoints
CTC Math specializes in providing online video tutorials which take a multi-sensory approach to learning. The short lessons help your student break down concepts and so they begin to appreciate math in a whole new way.
The lessons are taught the traditional way, allowing students to gain understanding. The video tutorials are taught by an internationally recognized teacher, Pat Murray, who is known for teaching math concepts in a simple, easy-to-understand way (and in only a few minutes at a time). Even students who struggled with math can get great results.
Some key benefits of CTC Math:
- 1,400+ animated and narrated math lessons are short and easily digested
- Students can replay each lesson as many times as needed.
- 57,000 interactive questions
- Diagnostic tests
- Instant feedback to students
- Detailed progress reports for parents
CTC Math Offers these levels:
- Basic math
For Grades 6-12
Save 34% on a 12-month subscription for each student.
Pursue Mastery in mathematics with MathCloud. They offer a new approach to learning mathematics. Rather than directing students to memorize solutions and techniques, MathCloud teaches students to break complex problems down into parts and understand the common principles that bind them. In this way, students can acquire a deeper understanding of math concepts, and appreciate the overall beauty of mathematics.
Each student receives a personalized online learning experience using MathCloud’s Neural Adaptive Learning platform®. This platform mimics how the human brain recognizes and processes information. The platform embodies a complex series of algorithms that analyze student capabilities, prescribe individualized lesson plans, and predict student performance.
MathCloud’s Key Features:
- Personalized Learning Experience: MathCloud’s adaptive engine continuously assesses each student’s ability and provides individualized content to strengthen their weakness.
- Cloud Dictionary: An intelligent visual dictionary that shows the relationship between concepts, breaks down problems into parts, and shows the common principles that bind them.
- Track Progress: Since MathCloud tracks every interaction that each student makes with the Neural Adaptive Learning platform™, it can provide detailed daily reports on learning progress for every student.
- Easy to Use: 100% online design means MathCloud can be used on PC, laptops, or tablet computers. No app installation, no additional installations or hardware needed. Just go to the MathCloud website and begin.
For Grades 8-12
Plato Courseware Math courses for high schoolers and middle schoolers are now available at the Co-op! By purchasing a school license on behalf of members, the Co-op is able to offer these award-winning math courses to homeschoolers around the globe with our signature GroupBuy savings!
Each comprehensive award-winning unit delivers up-to-date, a spiraling instruction that builds upon previously introduced information and correlates to specific standards and objectives. A built-in, sophisticated test bank links questions to specific objectives to help ensure mastery of the standards. Students apply their new knowledge and concepts learned to theme-based scenarios in hands-on learning applications.
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
Find Affordable Homeschool Curriculum for Every Need
Do you struggle to find affordable homeschool curriculum? Struggle no more! With Homeschool Buyer’s Co-op, you’ll discover core math and other curricula for every need. From struggling learners to advance learners the affordable GroupBuys and special offers make pulling together your homeschool curriculum a breeze.
You May Also Enjoy