I’m finding that the older I get and the older my child gets that sometimes the best time to bond as a family is around the breakfast table. When it seems as if those years with our child at home are dwindling it’s important to purpose family time as much as possible. That’s why family breakfast time is a great idea.
In all honesty, breakfast has never been my strong suit. We’ve kind of all just fended for ourselves throughout the years.
When my son was much younger, of course, I made him breakfast. But as he got older he became adept at getting himself a bowl of cereal, or making an egg sandwich, or having a yogurt cup for breakfast.
Since I wasn’t a morning person it was just easier to let that happen. But, with all of us becoming busier I’m finding that sitting down for breakfast as a family can be a great way time for family bonding.
Now, some mornings I enjoy getting up with my husband and having a little breakfast with him before heading out to work. This is just another way to show him how much I care, even if it’s not my favorite time of the day.
This page contains affiliate advertisement links.
I’m also finding that Sunday mornings are particularly becoming one of my most favorite times to enjoy a family breakfast as we prepare to leave for worship.
I often find myself prepping casseroles the night before, or prepping mixes for easy pancakes or waffles.
With a little prep work I find it easy to get breakfast into the oven to cook while I get dressed. Then, I can simply serve a simple meal before we head out for an active Sunday.
I don’t know about you, but worship days are usually jam packed with activities, from Bible class and worship to youth events, lunches with friends, potlucks and other congregational activities. Having a good breakfast as a family before we head out the door ensures we have a few minutes to connect as a family.
Family Breakfast Ideas
for Your Family Breakfast Table
- With these Breakfast Casserole Ideas for Busy Moms you can prep breakfasts for the entire week so you can meet up with your family every morning.
- Don’t stress each morning, instead this Make Ahead Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole can make it easy to get breakfast on the table.
- Breakfast Sandwiches are always a good idea for families. Whether you need to eat on the go, or you are training your kids to make their own breakfast, these sandwich ideas are ideal to keep in your recipe box.
- Pancakes are a classic favorite breakfast idea. These Blueberry Pancakes with White Chocolate takes the classic to another delectable level of goodness.
- The warm, gooey flavors of Homemade Cinnamon Rolls will be comfortingly good as you head out for your day.
- A little sweetness goes a long way when you sit down to the breakfast table. With Fresh and Sweet Blackberry Strudel everyone will be thanking you as they head out the door.
- This classic Bacon and Egg Hash Brown Casserole will fill everyone up and give them the energy they need for a busy day.
- Don’t miss these 15 Scrumptious Homemade Muffins for your Family Breakfast Ideas. They are great for grab and go morning meals when you need everyone to eat in the car.
- For a quick and easy breakfast try this yummy Green, Strawberry and Grape smoothie. It’s healthy and packed with flavor.
- You’ll love this Easy English Muffin Toasting Bread that has so many uses. Use it as a toast beside your eggs, or make a breakfast sandwich with it.
Preparing breakfast doesn’t have to be complicated. It’s simply a matter of keeping ingredients on-hand, preparing ahead of time, like the night before, or even prep ahead breakfast freezer meals.
What are your favorite family breakfast meals? I’d love to know what you are serving up for your morning meal times. Tell me your best breakfast ideas in the comments below.
Don’t Miss These Meal Planning Ideas
- Meal Planning Printables
- Family Dinner Ideas for a Saturday Night
- 40 + Easy Recipes for Crazy Busy Moms