With parents schedules always expanding to accommodate extracurricular activities, work, and homeschool, what’s for dinner can be the last thing on their minds. No one wants to come home after a long day trying to decide what family dinner ideas to make on a busy weeknight.
Staring at the open pantry and refrigerator attempting to come up with ideas can not only be frustrating but it can be downright exhausting. Keeping a running list of ideas on-hand makes it easy to decide in moments where decision fatigue make it hard to think.
This post contains affiliate advertisement links.
There are several family dinner ideas for a busy weeknight that are perfect for those long days, providing your family with a delicious meal on the table without the fuss.
Family Dinner Ideas for a Busy Weeknight
When it comes to creating delicious and healthy dinners for your family on a busy weeknight, there are plenty of ideas to choose from. From fresh takes on the traditional meals to amazing comfort food dishes, there is something here for every single member of your family, that can be created on a busy weeknight.
Take the frustration out of busy weeknight dinner ideas with with some of these amazing ideas.
- Easy Smokey Lentil Sloppy Joes – Delightful Adventures
- 15 Minute Vegan Peanut Noodles – Delightful Adventures
- Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti – Accidental Happy Baker
- Best Ever Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Recipe – Ninjamommers
- Southwestern Chicken and Rice Skillet– Mom vs The Boys
- One Pot Basil and Tomato Orzo – Vegan Huggs
- Easy Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice – Vegan Huggs
- Easy Shrimp Stew– Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Hashbrown Taco Casserole – Who Needs a Cape
- Chicken, Sausage and Black Bean Chili – Ninjamommers
- Oven Fajitas – Gluesticks Blog
- Asian Inspired Noodle Bowls – Gluesticks Blog
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables – Mom Foodie
- Easy Baked Cod Recipe with Ritz Cracker Topping – Mom Foodie
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole – Cincy Shopper
- Simple Salsbury Steak – Cincy Shopper
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken – Cincy Shopper
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole – Cincy Shopper
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Bacon Ranch Quesadillas – My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Copycat Panera Tomato Basil Soup – Veggies Save the Day
- Cheesy Taco Pasta – Veggies Save the Day
- Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo – Temecula Blogs
- Korean Beef Rice Bowls – Lemon Blossoms
- Easy Oven Baked Pork Chops – Lemon Blossoms
- Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts– Ninjamommers
- Easy Meat Lasagna – The Curious Frugal
- One Pan Beef Stroganoff – Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Mexican Lasagna – Home Cooking Memories
- 3 Ingredient Twice-Baked Spaghetti Squash – Home Cooking Memories
With so many great family dinner ideas for busy weeknights, your mealtimes will become a lot less frustrating and a lot more peaceful.
What is your family’s favorite family dinner? I’d love to know. Drop me a comment below and share your family’s favorite.
Don’t Miss These Posts