During the winter months apples are a staple in our fruit basket. There’s just something comforting about biting into a juicy, sweet, apple when it’s cold outside. But apples are so versatile that they can be used for so much more than just a sweet, crunchy, anytime snack. But you can elevate the simple apple into a gourmet lunch using apples.
This post contains affiliate advertisement links to 3rd party products.
Being homeschoolers means we eat lunch in our own home nearly every single day. There are a few exceptions to that, like when we go out on a field trip or attend a co-op class. But, generally, we are home and eat lunch in. I don’t know about you but I get tired of the same old ham and cheese sandwich every day. Which is why I’m always looking for lunch time ideas that bring a little something extra to the table.
That’s why this list of gourmet lunch ideas makes me happy.
Oh and make the process even easier by using this apple/peeler.
10 Gourmet Lunch Recipes Using Apples
- Caramelized Onion-Mushroom Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Apple
- Apple and Cheese Quesadilla from The Thrifty Couple
- Caramelized Onion Apple Wraps with Hummus from The Cookie Writer
- Apple Stuffed Pork Chops for Two from Sunshine and Flip Flops
- Apple Meatloaf Recipe from 3Boys and a Dog
- Apple Goat Cheese Salad from Mommy Moments
- Delicious Brie, Apple and Thyme Melts from Merry About Town
- Grilled Gouda with Honey Ham, Apples & Chutney Mayo from Donuts, Dresses and Dirt
- Easy Apple & Cheese Flatbreads from My Life Cookbook
- Maple Apple Spaghetti Squash Bake from Trial and Eater
Of course, cooked apples and cinnamon would make a great side dish to any lunchtime sandwich. And at times a quick and easy apple pie would make a marvelous traditional lunch substitute.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy apples? I’d love to know.
Don’t have time to cook apples? Try these apple-y items instead.
You May Also Enjoy