During the autumn months, apples are a staple in our fruit basket. There’s just something comforting about biting into a juicy, sweet, apple when it is starting to turn cold outside. But apples are so versatile that they can be used for so much more than just a sweet, crunchy, anytime snack. But you can elevate the simplest of ingredients into a gourmet lunch using apples to make wonderful autumn lunch dishes.
This post contains affiliate advertisement links to 3rd party products.
Being homeschoolers means we eat lunch in our own home nearly every single day. There are a few exceptions to that, like when we go out on a field trip or attend a co-op class. But, generally, we are home and eat lunch in.
I don’t know about you but I get tired of the same old ham and cheese sandwich every day. Which is why I’m always looking for lunch time ideas hat bring a little something extra to the table.
That’s why this list of gourmet lunch ideas makes me happy.
Oh and make the process even easier by using this apple/peeler.
10 Gourmet Lunch Recipes Using Apples
- Caramelized Onion-Mushroom Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Apple
- Apple and Cheese Quesadilla from The Thrifty Couple
- Caramelized Onion Apple Wraps with Hummus from The Cookie Writer
- Apple Stuffed Pork Chops for Two from Sunshine and Flip Flops
- Apple Meatloaf Recipe from 3Boys and a Dog
- Apple Goat Cheese Salad from Mommy Moments
- Delicious Brie, Apple and Thyme Melts from Merry About Town
- Grilled Gouda with Honey Ham, Apples & Chutney Mayo from Donuts, Dresses and Dirt
- Easy Apple & Cheese Flatbreads from My Life Cookbook
- Maple Apple Spaghetti Squash Bake from Trial and Eater
Of course, cooked apples and cinnamon would make a great side dish to any lunchtime sandwich. And at times a quick and easy apple pie would make a marvelous traditional lunch substitute.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy apples? I’d love to know.
Don’t have time to cook apples? Try these apple-y items to bring some apple goodness into your home.
You May Also Enjoy