Muffins are a great breakfast food. They are so easy to prepare the night before and then grab and go in the morning. Which makes homemade muffins a must for family breakfast time, especially for homeschooling families. And, they make a great breakfast for anyone during busy back to school months.
My family and I enjoy these treats often when we need to get out of the house quick but want to grab a healthy on-the-go breakfast.
Most muffin recipes have some kind of fruit or even vegetable filler. And, anytime you can get the goodness of fresh into your meals the better!
This post contains affiliate advertisement links.
Homemade Fruit-filled Muffins
- Apple Carrot Muffins from Mommy Moment
- Peanut Butter & Banana Quinoa Muffins from Midwest Modern Mom
- Strawberry-Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Lemon Glaze from Savor the Thyme
- The Best Bakery-style Blueberry Muffin Recipe Ever from Happiness is Homemade
- Oatmeal Banana Applesauce Muffins from This Mama Loves
- Super Moist Banana Nut Muffin Recipe for Busy Mornings from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Homemade Blueberry Muffins Recipe from ShoppingKim.com
- Mini Blueberry Banana Muffins from Haute and Healthy Living
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins from You Brew My Tea
- Honey Banana Poppy Seed Muffins from Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
- Deliciously Cheery Clementine Muffins from On My Kids Plate
- Apple Muffins with Pecans from The Simple Parent
Homemade Veggie-filled Muffins
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin Recipe from Cincy Shopper
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffin Recipe from Mama Cheaps
- Sweet Potato and Crunchy Flax Muffins from Good & Simple
- Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling from Oh My Goodness Chocolate Desserts
3 Tips for Prepping Homemade Muffins for Breakfast
1- Prep & Bake Your Homemade Muffins the Night Before
I have to be honest here, I am not a morning person. I prefer to sleep in as long as I can. Therefore, I prefer to prep or even bake breakfast the night before.
Homemade muffins are a perfect breakfast meal to prep and bake the night before. So simple, and most can be placed in a basket, or zip bag and left on the counter until the next day.
Then everyone can just grab when they are ready to have their breakfast.
2- Use Non-stick Muffin Tins
It can be a big frustration when you can’t get those freshly baked muffins out of the muffin tins without them falling apart.
Having a quality non-stick muffin tin keeps you from all that frustration. And, don’t mention you won’t be wasting ingredients.
3- Muffin Cups are Important
There are so many muffin cup options on the market. But, like the muffin tins, muffin cups play an important role in that muffin coming out without falling apart.
From colorful patterns, to silicon you have lots of options. My experience is that the cheaper you buy the more likely half your muffin stays in the cup.
And, that’s no fun for anyone.
You can save money by purchasing reusable silicon cups.
You can add a side of berries, or sausage links to make for a fuller meal, but really a muffin or two is all your family needs to get going in the morning.
My son loves a tall glass of milk with his morning muffins.
How do you like to eat your breakfast muffins? Do you love to slather them with butter, or, hot from the oven? Are you like me and enjoy a hot mug of coffee with cream with your breakfast muffins?
Tell me your favorite way to eat muffins in the morning.
Don’t want to make muffins? You don’t have to when you can simply order them to have on-hand.
Click below for even more family meal time ideas.