Not Back to School: Homeschool Curriculum Hop
Are you ready to not go back to school? Yes, this is the time of year when parents across the country are making the decision to either for the first time, or continue to exercise their right to educate their children at home. This will be the 7th year of homeschool for me and my family.
Today I’m joining with my friends at the iHomeschool Network to share our Not Back to School Curriculum Hop. This is where we share the curriculum we have chosen for the coming year.
As a homeschool mom to an only child who is a gifted learner, I have more ability to be flexible and adapt as needed throughout the year. In our school we span a wide variety of learning styles and educational methods so an eclectic collection of homeschooling curriculum is what works best for us.
Here is a listing of all of the curricula we will be using for this year. I’ll be sharing affiliate links to places where you can purchase the items listed below.
Academy Curriculum 2014
- Bible – Bible Study Guide for All Ages
- American History – Notgrass America the Beautiful
- American Literature – The Notgrass America the Beautiful companion books.
- State History – Ohio State History by Joy Dean
- Science- Finishing up: Apologia’s Swimming Creatures of the 5th Day with the companion notebooking journal and mid-year we will be doing Land Animals of the 6th Day along with the companion notebooking journal
- Math – Khan Academy’s Math
- Language Arts – Designing Your Own Language Arts Curriculum as my overall guide, along with these great resources; Evan Moor Daily Paragraph Editing and Writing Fabulous Sentences and Write Shop D.
- Foreign Language – German Course from Middlebury Interactive.
- Art – We use the Simple Start in Chalk Pastels Fall and Spring eBooks along with Prisma Chalk Pastels.
- Music – SQUILT a music appreciation, Piano Lessons, and Voice Lessons.
- Gym – The Homeschool gym class, in central Ohio.
Not Back to School Blog Hop Prompts.
- Join the Not Back to School Curriculum Hop 8/4/2014
The Big Book of Homeschool Ideas from 55 homeschool moms and bloggers with the iHomeschool Network.