In an era where everyone has a smart phone attached to the palm of their hand. And, there are so many activities, and sports, and classes it can seem impossible to find time for family bonding.
But, spending time together focused on each other is essential to building strong family relationships. When your kids are adults do you hope they look back on their childhood and think, my parents were always busy?
No, we want our kids to look back on their childhood and remember the good times. We want them to know with certainty that they were loved and that family was and still remains a priority.
But, we have to prioritize our family relationships for that to happen. And, developing a purposed family bonding time routine is important.
This page contains affiliate advertisement links.
Get Tips, and Ideas for Family Bonding Time
- Ditch the tech gear from time to time and enjoy some Simple Family Bonding Activities without Technology.
- With this list of Must Watch Movies for Family Night you can start doing family movie night once a week or a couple of times a month.
- Set aside time on a monthly basis for these Family Bonding Ideas you’ll find enough options for a full year.
- Get some great ideas for your Family Bonding Time with this list of 10 fun-filled activities.
- You won’t want to miss these 15 Family Bonding Activities. There are unexpected ideas in the line-up.
- Family game night is always a hit when you opt for one of these 10 Classic Games for Family Night You Probably Forgot About.
- These 35 Ideas for Family Bonding make for simple, no-prep excitement for your kids to remember.
- Start the new year right with this New Years Bucket List for Families. You’ll discover activities to keep you busy throughout the year.
- Living on a tight budget doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy family vacation time. With 10 Best Tips for a Frugal Family Staycation you can jump into some much needed family time by sticking close to home.
- Take a break from being cooped up indoors and grab some Fun Family Games Without Technology to play outside.
- Family bonding doensn’t always have to happen in a group setting. Find 5 Ways Dad Can Bond with His Boys.
- Winter is made for family bonding. Learn 13 Ways to Get Cozy with Your family this winter.
- It’s never a bad idea to introduce some education into family fun time. With this Educational Government Game you’ll discover that history and government can be fun for the whole family.
- Reading is a good way to bond as a family. But, I know it can be cumbersome from time to time. Discover how to use Family Audio books for Character Training in Young Teens and also make reading time easier.
3 Ways to Focus on Family Bonding Time
1 – Set aside 1 day per week that is non-negotiable.
Maybe it’s one dinner each night at the dinner table. Maybe it’s one night per week for a game or movie. The idea is that at least once each week you tune in and check in with each other.
2 – Purpose One Big Family Activity per Month
Experience is far more memorable than stuff. That’s why it’s important to create experiences that your kids will remember for the rest of their lives. And, by creating a shared memory siblings will be able to share and reflect upon their stories throughout their lifetimes.
3 – Schedule Time to Check in With Each Family Member
Maybe it’s a mother son date night. Or, perhaps it’s a daddy daughter dinner. Then, again it might just be that mom and dad need a date night of their own.
What are your family’s favorite ways to bond? How do you foster bonding time?
Share your ideas, and tips with me and others in the comment section below.
Check out these family ideas: