Fun LEGO® Activities for Groups
So after Saturday’s This Week post, I received several requests for more information about what the LEGO challenges were for our homeschool group class last week.
With all of the research I have been doing for the seminar I’m speaking at on Thursday, I have found some great products. I’m sharing those products below using affiliate links so that if you find them of value to your family you can purchase them.
I had planned 3 LEGO challenges but in the end we only had time for 2.
- Set a bag of LEGO® elements on each table. (We divided our 18 students into 3 tables with 6 students at each table.)
- At go, the teams are to build a pre-determined challenge with each table having a different challenge.
- Teams are given 15 minutes to build.
- Rules are EVERY student contributes to the build.
- I chose these challenges from Ami’s post at Walking by the Way: “Lego® Building Club”
- After the building time is up. Each team shows their build to the other teams who have to try and determine what the challenge was.
- From an assortment of pieces let each student choose only 15 elements.
- Students are given 10 minutes to build whatever they can imagine.
- Students then do show & tell explaining their build.
This challenge I got from Mary Prather at Homegrown Learners. You can find this challenge on her post: My LEGO® Gift to You, where you will also find a LEGO® class download.
Additional LEGO® challenges may be found at The Pleasantest Things post LEGO® Party Games.
What kinds of challenge activities have you used with your kids, co-op or for parties?
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site or products.