LEGO® Bricks fill the imagination with automobiles, cities, space ships and more and they help to bring stories to life. Whether you have little ones using DUPLO Bricks or older ones using LEGO Bricks you can incorporate these simple toys into hands-on learning aids. You’ll soon discover that LEGO Learning comes naturally and is easy to incorporate in your homeschool especially when you choose from these free LEGO Learning Printables.
LEGO Learning with Play Bricks
- LEGO® Bricks were invented in 1949.
- Olaf Christiansen was a furniture maker before changing careers to be a toy producer.
- These bricks were invented in Denmark and are still manufactured there today.
- The original LEGO® Brick has only had one re-design. In 1958 the hollow friction backs were added to create a stronger bond of friction between two connected bricks.
- The world’s tallest LEGO® Tower is 100.919 feet tall.
Utilizing LEGO® Bricks in Homeschool
Most children love LEGO® Bricks. This toy which is so simple in its concept can produce amazing structures which teach both physics, engineering, art and so much more. You can even utilize these bricks for even the simplest of instruction.
Have you read these posts about learning with LEGO® Bricks?
- LEGO Re-Grouping Boards, Free Printable teach your kids how to re-group double digits when adding by using LEGO bricks to count and visualize how re-grouping works.
- The concept of multiplication shouldn’t be difficult. It’s simply learning to count in groups. Using Mulitplying with LEGO Bricks, Free Printable you can show your kids how simple multiplication really is.
- For little ones these Early Math Education with LEGO Math Printables makes it easy to learn to count and even subtract.
- LEGO bricks are the perfect hands-on way to prompt kids to tells stores. They simply build and tell the story as they go. The can then use these Printable LEGO Story Creative Writing Prompts to write down, or dictate to mom their story.
- Don’t miss these 100 Free Lego Printable Resources which covers a wide variety of learning subjects.
- Frustrated because you can’t find the instruction manuals for those expensive LEGO sets you purchased? Find How to Find LEGO Instruction Manuals online with this guide.
- LEGO play is more fun with friends! Gather a group of homeschool friends or use thes LEGO Challenge Builds for Group Activities in your homeschool co-op.
- Want to dig into deeper learning using LEGO? These Top 10 Online LEGO Classes can help guide your kids in fun STEM and other learning activities.
- Sometimes, kids need help learning to navigate the social world. This LEGO Therapy for Social Skills Development is helping kids with a variety of special needs learn to communicate in a more effective way.
- LEGO blocks can be used in a variety of ways to help special needs kids. This LEGO Therapy Ideas for Special Needs Children can give you some tips and ideas to get your started.
What are some ways that you incorporate LEGO vricks into homeschool learning? Share your ideas in the comments below so others can benefit from your successes.
Looking for gift ideas for your children who love all things LEGO bricks? Try this LEGO TOY GIFT IDEAS FOR KIDS OF ALL AGES.
“What would life be like if we had no courage to attempt anything?”— Albert Einstein
* LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO® Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.