During the hot summer months there is nothing as satisfying as a cold fruity salad. But a grape salad, well, there is nothing quite like a grape salad. Fruity, sweet, creamy, nothing’s better on a hot summer day. It’s a marvelous summer dinner idea to complement any meal as a side dish, lunch, or simply as a refreshing snack.
This post contains affiliate advertisement links to 3rd party sites.
I’ve been craving this delicious fruit salad all summer. But, with it being a sweet salad I was concerned that it would be difficult to balance the carb to fat ratio. So, I began playing around with recipes. I finally came up with one that I think tastes great and relieves my craving for a satisfying cold grape salad.
I finally came up with this recipe that is a bit more balanced that most grape salads. Keeping the serving size to about a half a cup means I can enjoy this sweet treat from time to time.
This tasty grape salad recipe is so great, it’s perfect to take along to a summer picnic, church potluck or as a companion dish when entertaining. You won’t be disappointed.
Grape Salad Side Dish Idea
For this recipe you’ll need the following ingredients.
- Non-fat Greek yogurt
- low-fat cream chees
- Stevia blend sweetener, I use Pyure.
- chopped nuts, I used walnuts and pistachios.
- whole seedless grapes, I used black grapes. You can use green, or a mixed blend.
It’s quick and easy to make this salad. Start by blending the sweetener with the molasses to make a “brown sugar” blend. Next, cream together the cream cheese, yogurt, and sweetener.
Fold grapes and 1/2 the amount of chopped nuts into mixture. Place into serving bowl and sprinkle the rest of the nuts over the top.
You can serve right away or keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 oz. low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 T. stevia blend powder, (I use Pyure)
- 1/2 tsp. molasses
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 1/2 cups whole seedless grapes
- (I used all seedless black grapes but you could mix for a variety of color).
- Cream together, cream cheese, yogurt, and sweetener. (Make your own brown "sugar" using Pyure mixed with molasses).
- Fold grapes and 1/2 the amount of chopped nuts into mixture.
- Place into serving bowl and sprinkle the rest of the nuts over the top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 6g
I think your whole family will be thrilled with the fresh flavors of this side dish. It would go so well with a grilled dinner.
What is your favorite summer salad?
Got Grapes on the Brain?
Try these tasty treats…
- 1 pound of purple grape Skittles
- Grow your Own Grape Vine
- Grape Cotton Candy
- Grow your Own Grape Vine
- Sparkling Ice – Grape
You May Also Like: