Math can be one of those subjects that gives pause to many homeschooling teachers. This mom included. It still gives me pause as my son speeds past my abilities time and time again. But one of the best pieces of homeschooling advice I’ve ever learned was the idea of outsourcing. I do this with online math resources.
This post may contain affiliate links to products at 3rd party sites
where items may be purchased resulting in paid compensation to this blogger.
Outsourcing is where you allow your child to learn under the tutelage of someone else. This can be completed in a variety of ways. Online, using a digital curriculum, a local tutor or learning center, or even at your homeschool co-ops. When it comes to subjects that moms don’t feel confident teaching or simply don’t like teaching, then outsourcing can become the best problem solver for a homeschool mom.
Today, I’m sharing with you my choice for the 10 best homeschool online math curriculum options that helps moms meet the need to teach the subject but allows her to manage the task utilizing outsourcing.
While I am NOT a proponent of homeschooling via grade level, I do think it’s important to have a general idea of what our children should be learning at an approximate age level. Personally, I think kids will naturally progress at a rate that works well for them. But if you want to have a general understanding of standards based on grade levels, these benchmarks can provide you with a ready resource.
Outsourced Homeschool Online Math Options
- Khan Academy – a complete free online curriculum, encompassing all levels of math from early elementary to advanced high school mathematics. Utilizes video instruction and digital skill missions.
- Unlock Math – an online upper level mathematics curriculum, currently offering pre-algebra, algebra, and algebra 2, utilizing video instruction and digital practice and testing.
- Hippocampus – A free online learning option, for all areas of learning.
- Time4Learning – A virtual online math tutor with a comprehensive interactive math curriculum.
- A+ Interactive Math – A complete math curriculum from K through 12th. Available online, or digital CD.
- Aleks – From McGraw Hill, all grade levels available.
- CTC Math – Online math tutorials last around 4-9 minutes and presents the concepts of the math lesson step-by-step.
- Mathletics – Online mathematics curriculum, seeking to help kids learn to mastery, in an interactive environment.
- CK12 – A free online learning option, for Math, Science and more.
- GPA Learn Love Math – Adaptive, personalized program with web-based instruction.
Discover More informaton about Homeschool MATH options.
One of the best ways to teach math principals is to put math into a visible context. Being hands on with any subject can help a student grasp a concept faster and with more definitive knowledge versus just regurgitation of facts. So I”ve gathered for you a variety of manipulative resources so you can help your students as they work to understand math.
- Magnetic Basic Math Skills Classroom Manipulative Set
Organize your math manipultives with these super-affordable Bins, Baskets, and other Storage Solutions.
Follow this Pinterest Board for even more Homeschool Math ideas.
Math, it doesn’t have to be scary for homeschool moms. Outsourcing is both a valid option and a great solution for teaching math, or any subject that feels too overwhelming. What subject do you choose to outsource?
This Post is part of Top 10 Tuesday at iHomeschool Network.