Coffee is the morning fuel for most homeschooling moms. We wake up and move through the morning getting kids breakfast, setting up lessons for the day, and if we are lucky we have time to grab a mug of coffee that we sip on through the morning and sometimes throughout the entire day.
And, what’s not to love? The hot, steamy, rich and satisfying taste. Add to that the creaminess (well, for those of us who use lots of cream) of warm milk or cream, and oh my it’s just such a comforting experience.
This post contains affiliate advertisement links.
And, it all starts with the aroma. The scent wafting through the house as the coffee brews is like a little beckoning wave saying… wake up… wake up… wake up.
Here’s the thing. I’ve been working hard for the last few years to eat healthier. But, healthy eating can be costly and sometimes it’s hard to find quality, organic, and natural options.
I’ve found that Caribou coffee has a smooth taste, and is more affordable than other options. I prefer a medium roast and enjoy a variety of brewing methods. I’ll use a traditional percolater when I’m in a hurry, but I also enjoy coffee made in a French Press. I also enjoy a drip coffee made in a coffee dripper carafe.
Lately I’ve been enjoying a vintage GE percolater that belonged to my mom. You can get a similar vintage style of percolater from Amazon.
Add a Healthy Kick to Your Cup of Joe
Want to add a little kick to your coffee? Have you tried a Bullet Proof Coffee?
It’s coffee that kicks it up a notch. You get the awesome-ness of coffee and caffeine, plus the delicious, satisfying, and healthy oils that help you to feel full. Healthy? Yes, these oils are used in many healthy weight-loss plans. The fatty acids found in these oils help you to build muscle and lose weight.
Bullet Proof Coffee is used in Trim Healthy Mama plans, Paleo, and even KETO plans.
- Basic Bullet Proof Coffee Recipe
- 8 ounces of freshly brewed coffee
- 1-2 T. Heavy Cream
- 1-2 TB unsalted butter (or ghee)
- 1-3 teaspoons coconut oil (or MCT Oil)
- It's super simple to put together this coffee. Simply brew your organic ground coffee. Add cream, add butter, and coconut oil to taste. Stir together until butter and coconut oil are melted.
- Want a bit more froth? Simply pour your coffee into a blender, vent the top, and give the blender a good swirl on high for a few seconds and the heavy cream will froth. (Be sure to vent the top or you'll mistakenly explode your hot coffee everywhere.)
What is your favorite way to enjoy coffee? Share your best coffee tips with me and other readers in the comments below.
While you are here check out these posts:
- Quick and Easy Green Strawberry Grape Smoothie Recipe
- Breakfast Idea Blueberry Muffins
- Not a Chocolate Cookie Recipe