While it might seem trendy the reality is pumpkin is a wonderful vegetable that is super healthy. It’s readily available and not very expensive. So it makes a great vegetable to be the central theme of your fall family dinner ideas.
I’m sharing ideas from appetizers to savory breads. Maybe you haven’t thought about appetizers as a dinner idea. They are great when gathering with friends and family. But, they also make for a wonderful way to feed the family a very casual dinner on a Friday night while having a game or movie night
Want to make your own pumpkin from scratch rather than using canned? Sheena from Noshtastic shares How to Cook Pumpkin in a Pressure Cooker.
This post contains affiliate advertisement links.
Savory Pumpkin Appetizers for Casual Family Dinner Ideas
• Pumpkin Salsa – Diana Rambles
Pumpkin salsa has become quite popular over the last few years. It’ll be a great addition to family movie night with pita chips.
• Savory Pumpkin Sage Pinwheel Appetizers – Kudos Kitchen
These tasty, healthy, appetizers would also make a great snack to set out for family game night.
• Smokey Chipotle Pumpkin Hummus – Pink Fortitude
What a wonderful combination of flavors. A bit of spice that’ll warm you up along with the creamy goodness of hummus! I’d serve with pita chips and some celery sticks.
• Spiced Pumpkin Basil Cheese Ball – Spabettie
Who doesn’t love a good cheese ball? This one will go well with Sprouted Whole Grain Pretzel Sticks,
• Savory Pumpkin Dip with Rosemary Cashew Ricotta – Avocado Pesto
Pair this pumpkin dip with pita chips, or Wasa crackers for a healthy, delicious, anytime snack.
• Fried Mozzarella Balls with Pumpkin, Sage and Caramelized Onion – Vintage Kitty
We all love something fried don’t we? And adding sage and onion to pumpkin makes for a marvelous flavor combination. These noshing appetizers are perfect during game nights.
Savory Pumpkin Dinner Ideas
• Pumpkin Cranberry Quinoa Salad – Rhian’s Recipes
This healthy pumpkin and quinoa salad is so versatile. You can simple switch out any ingredient to mix it up and have a variety of flavors.
• Fall Festival Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes – Kudos Kitchen
Everyone loves mashed potatoes. They are just so warm and comforting. By adding in pumpkin you’ll be brighten up this family classic.
• Roasted Pumpkin and Beet Salad with Arugula and Feta – Just Beet It
Everything fall in one easy to love salad! The tender beets and pumpkin coupled with the creamy, yet slightly tangy feta will make your mouth sing.
• Roasted Pumpkin with Gnocchi – Life Sew Savory
Pumpkin and gnocchi are a delicious pairing. You’ll love the savory plump gnocchi with the complimentary autumn flavor.
• Harvest Wild Rice Salad – Savory Nothings
Hearty, simple, and full of autumn flavor that’s what you’ll love about this wild rice salad.
Savory Pumpkin Bread
• Savory Pumpkin Cloverleaf Dinner Rolls – I Should Be Mopping the Floor
There is nothing better than a soft dinner roll, is there? With these cloverleaf rolls with an autumn twist the family will be begging for more.
• Pumpkin Focaccia Bread with Black Olives – An Italian in my Kitchen
Maybe you are just in the mood for some chicken with green beans. That’s OK, pair your favorite dinner with this focaccia bread for that little something extra on your fall dinner table.
• Buttery Pumpkin Sage Cornbread – Kudos Kitchen
Cornbread is a classic American side dish that is found on family tables across the country. Adding pumpkin and sage gives it a distinctly autumn flavor profile.
• Savory Pumpkin Sage Biscuits – Kudos Kitchen
Whether you want them for dinner or breakfast is entirely up to you. I’d say, have them for dinner and store the leftovers for a great breakfast biscuit served with eggs and bacon. Yum!
Hmmm… that might just make a great DINNER as well.
• Savory Pumpkin Muffins – Very Vegan Val
Another great bread that can serve multiple functions. A great dinner side or breakfast pastry for those quick grab and go mornings. Or, let the kids have them for a healthy snack any time of the day.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy pumpkin during the fall season?
I love making soups, and having it in a cup of oolong tea. I simply stir in a teaspoon full when I add my honey and let it all steep for a couple of minutes.
Don’t Miss These Ideas as Well:
- 25 Autumn Dinner Ideas to Warm Up the Family
- 3 Must Try Apple Recipes for Autumn Meals
- 15 Autumn Date Ideas to keep the Spark in Your Marriage