Shark Resources for Learning & Fun
with Free Printable
Sharks are fascinating! They have a reputation for danger, especially given the current events happening along the east coast. Couple that with Shark Week on the Discovery Channel , for 2016 Shark week begins on June 26, and you’ve found the perfect combination of prompts for learning. This is why I’ve gathered 75 shark resources for learning and family fun.
This post contains affiliate advertisement links.
FREE Sharks Printables
- Find the Main Idea: Shark Reading Skills Sheet by Education.com
- Free Printable Shark Packs by All for the Boys
- Free Sharks Lapbook by Homeschool Share
- Free Word Shark Prefix/Suffix Game at Teachers Pay Teachers by The TLC Shop
- Food Chain vs. Food Web by Major Differences
- LEGO Shark Worksheet by The Homeschool Scientist
- Ocean Math at Teachers at Pay Teachers by Sara Southard
- Name that Shark by Teacher Vision
- Shark Activities by Kidzone.ws
- Shark Anatomy & Discussion at Teachers Pay Teachers by D. Adams
- Shark Anatomy by Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Shark Bingo Game Cards by Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational
- Shark Classroom Activities by The Florida Museum of Natural History
- Sharks Did You Know? by Teach This
- Shark Food, Measuring using Millimeters at Teachers Pay Teachers by Christopher Hamon
- Shark Guides by Seaworld
- Shark Label the Parts by KB Teachers
- Shark Reading Activity by Scholastic
- Shark Research Handouts by The Shark Research Institute
- Shark Story Starters by Blessed Beyond a Doubt
- Shark Teacher Resources, grades 5 & 6 by Sharks 4 Kids
- Shark Unit Study by Royal Baloo
- Shark Week Fast Facts Sheets by 3 Boys and a Dog
- Shark Wordsearch by Education.com
- Whale Shark Reading Comprehension at Teachers Pay Teachers by Pam Cash
Free Sharks Printable
Attack the Shark Facts Notebooking Pages
These notebooking pages are designed to help your students learn the art of researching and disseminating information. I provide 6 pages, one for six different species of sharks. Included in the printable packet is a resources page that offers 3 resources web links for each of the species, and I suggest asking your student to find at least 2 more resources. Then they use the resource pages to write in information regarding facts for each of the sharks.
Not yet a subscriber of Great Peace Academy?
If you love what you see at Great Peace Academy consider Subscribing
so you don’t miss out on any Subscriber Freebies.
Disclosure: This blog contains affiliate links to 3rd party sites where products may be purchased resulting in paid compensation for this blogger.
Learn About Sharks Resources
- National Geographic, Sharks
- Oceanic Research Group, Sharks
- Oregon Coast Aquarium, Teacher Resources
- Sharks, Animal Planet
- Sharks 3D Teacher Guides at New England Aquarium
- Sharks 4 Kids
- Shark Angels
- Shark Classroom Activities by Florida Museum of Natural History
- Sharks, Discovery Education
- Sharks Facts Newport Aquarium
- Sharks, History Channel
- Shark Savers
- Shark Specialist Group
- Shark Week, Discovery Channel
- The Shark Research Institute
- The Shark Trust
Don’t miss out on this Current Event Story:
Yes! The Number of Shark Attacks is Above Average by USA Today – 2015.
Even more great learning resources can be found at Currclick. You’ll discover printables workbooks, lapbooks, unit studies, and copywork.
- Lapbooks & Minibooks
- Unit Studies
Sharks Unit Study from Homeschool Learning Network
Sharks Animal Unit Study from Highlights of Homeschooling
Amazing Sharks I Can Read Unit Study from Highlights of Homeschooling
Hammerhead Shark Unit Study Gr 2 – 5 from Super Mommy To The Rescue
Shark Unit Study from Build Your Library
Sharks! from Brandenburg Studies
Two-Hundred Shark Facts Copywork Cards from Homeschool Bits
Weird Wonders of the Deep: Whale Sharks from Gareth Stevens Inc
What about Art? Yes you can incorporate shark art into your week of learning. It’s so easy with Simple Start in Chalk Pastels from Hodgepodge. Tricia and Nana have just released Sharks Volume 2. With simple step by step how to’s using the very forgiving medium of chalk pastels your kids will be drawing, and painting sharks in no time at all.
Books about Sharks
Party with Sharks
Of course diving into the shark infested week of Shark Week wouldn’t be complete without some fun party themed ideas. Whether it’s just a family dinner night complete with shark fin Jello for dessert or a full-on kid party for all of your sharky friends, a bit of fun makes the experience a great childhood memory.
- 10 Shark Themed Snacks at Mashable by Laura Vitto
- Shark Dinner Party by Pizzazzerie
- Shark Fin Jello by Oh My Creative
- Shark Week Frenzy at Cold Stone Creamery
- The 7 Most Delicious Shark Recipes by Joanne at Ranker
Fun with Sharks
Watching Shark Week on Discovery Channel of course is super fun, but you can extend the fun and learning by incorporating sharks into the weeks activities. No matter the age, shark stencils are a great way to introduce drawing without fear of messing up. Have you, or the kids, ever wondered what the inside of a shark looks like? Well, a shark anatomy kit you can peek inside and give a science lesson at the same time.
Who doesn’t love LEGO Bricks? And with this kit you can use it as a story starter prompt, for a quick and easy creative writing assignment. 1000 Piece Shark Puzzle should keep the kids busy on a rainy summer day. Oh and Yes! That’s right, a shark water slide for your own backyard, the Banzai 3D Shark Bite Slide, will keep the Shark fun laughter echoing all summer long.
One more activity just for fun! Lemon Shark Digital Jigsaw Puzzle from National Geographic.
This post is part of How to Homeschool for Free at iHomeschool Network.
You May Also Enjoy
Disclaimer: While I strive to offer a variety of useful resources for potential homeschool study I make no claims as to the accuracy of any material presented by 3rd party websites. Please use caution and discretion when determining if any website listed is appropriate for your own family.