Summer is heating up! I’m finding it hard to keep up with watering my flowers. I’d love to heat up the grill for some good summer time barbecue, but honestly, it’s just too hot to stand over the grill. I needed a summer dinner idea that was zesty and delicious but wouldn’t entail me standing over a hot stove or grill for half the day.
This post contains affiliate ad links to 3rd party sites.
I know a lot of people find that using the oven isn’t their idea of the best way to cook in the summer time. But, I gotta say, next to the slow cooker, or rice steamer, the oven in my top choice. Here’s why, I don’t have to stand and watch a pot or skillet while food is cooking.
Our home is air conditioned. That means the temperature inside my home is comfortable even when the oven is on. So if I can do a quick prep, set the oven and cook all my meal in there, then it frees up my time to do other pressing things. So I am always experimenting with baked, or roasted summer dinner ideas.
Summer Dinner Idea: Coconut Lime Chicken Recipe
That’s where this recipe came from. Coconut and lime are classic summer flavors. So I wanted a crispy chicken which featured those delectable, flavors.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 pinches mineral salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Maseca corn flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine egg, lime, and oil,
- In a separate bowl combine the garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, salt & pepper, and flours and finely chopped coconut.
- Take the chicken strips and dredge in the liquid then the flour mixture and place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Cook in oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden and crispy.
Serve with brown rice and a side salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 629Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 50gNet Carbohydrates: 26.87gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gSugar Alcohols: 6.8gProtein: 46g
Nutrient values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product brand, weight, and other factors which may alter calculated values listed.
What else would you pair this with? I was thinking about a mango salsa with some blue corn nachos sounds like a yummy appetizer. What do you think?
You May Also Enjoy