Summer arrived with a blast of heat and humidity where I live. We went from winter to summer around here pretty quickly, with almost no spring. Once I realized it is actually summer my thoughts turned to dinner on the deck! I love sitting on the deck in the early evening with my family enjoying nature and sharing with each other over summer dinners.
I want to continue to have meals on the deck throughout the summer months whenever weather is permitting. Which is why I’ve been researching summer dinners to keep on hand so that I can whip up a delicious meal and have dinner on the table without too much effort.
Of course whenever I do a bit of research I like to hop over here on the blog and share with you my findings.
This post contains affiliate ad links to 3rd party sites.
Summer Dinners Round Up
plus a Free Printable Summer Dinner Recipe
In the Crockpot
Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Tacos by Host the Toast
Crockpot Veggie Lasagna by Crystal & Co.
Slow Cooker Barbacoa Tacos by Gimme Some Oven
Slow Cooker Honey Maple BBQ Ribs by Chef in Training
Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork by Mommypotamus
Summer Crockpot Recipes by The Frugal Girls
10 Kid Friendly Grilled Chicken Recipes that are Perfect for Summer by Super Mommy Club
7 Simple Pizza Recipes for Summer by A Life in the Balance
- Asian Pulled Pork Sliders by Produce for Kids
Pretzel Dogs by Buns in my Oven
On the Grill
5 Things to Grill Besides Meat by Cornerstone Confessions
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers with Pinapple & Teriyaki Sauce by Serious Eats
Grilled Cuban Flank Steak by Kaylin’s Kitchen
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken by Red Star Recipe
Hawaiian Grilled Chicken by The Girl Who Ate Everything
Quick & Easy
15 Minute Chicken Dinner Ideas for Summer by True Aim Education
20 Minute Cherry Tomato & Basil Angel Hair Pasta by Oh Sweet Basil
Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas by Snixy Kitchen
- Summer Zucchini Soup by Relative Taste
Romantic Date Night Dinners for 2
Blackberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken by The Food Charlatan
- Chicken Fajita Pasta by Relative Taste
Skinny Bruschetta Chicken by Domestic Superhero
- Summer Citrus Salmon en Papillote by Host the Toast
Summer Spaghetti by Anapolis & Company
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 3-4 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 T. Herbs de Provence
- 1 T. Thyme
- 1 T. Sage
- 1/2 T. Rosemary
- 1/2 T. Parsley
- 1/2 T. Paprika
- Prep chicken by removing the giblet package and discarding. Tuck wings and if necessary string legs of chicken together.
- Place chicken in a baking dish or roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil over the top. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze juice through a strainer over the top of the chicken, be sure to coat entire chicken. Place the lemon halves inside the chicken. Sprinkle salt, pepper, herbs and spices over the top, legs and wings of the chicken.
- Roast in oven at 325° for 1 hour or until roast is cooked through and golden.
- Since you have the oven heated, roast some of your favorite vegetables, (for example: asparagus, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, or squash). Simply clean, cube, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
Salad for Supper
My Family Favorite Summer Salad with recipe card.
Broccoli Pasta Salad by Crystal & Co.
- Chickpea Salad by Cookie & Kate
Got Salad? 19 Summer Salad Ideas by Real the Kitchen & Beyond
Cornbread Salad by Diary of a Recipe Collector
Watermelon, Feta & Arugula Salad by Shared Appetite
Super Side Dishes
Backyard BBQ Side Dishes by How Does She?
Broiled Italian Tomatoes by Crystal & Co.
Easy Corn Casserole by Crystal & Co.
- Lemon Herb Roasted Potato Nuggets by Rock Recipes
What about you? Do you love summer dinners on the deck? Or do you prefer to be inside where the air conditioner can keep you cool? Truth be told I like it both ways. But I love spending time with my family and meal time is the perfect time to connect.
You May Also Enjoy