I wanted to share with you the top 20 things I have learned as my Beloved and I celebrate our 20th anniversary tomorrow.
- Some days are easier than other days, but everyday is worth the effort.
- Attraction is a state of mind.
- I’ve learned that I still after 20 years don’t like doing dishes. But that it is a part of life and it’s MY responsibility because God designed it that way.
So I might as well just get to it.
- God is always right, My husband is usually right, I am almost always wrong.
- Men take longer in the bathroom than women do.
TRUST ME ON THIS!
- Cooking is inevitable.
- Their is joy in togetherness and sorrow in departure. For me, it’s still very true.
- There is something extremely comfortable about getting in bed and our toes finding each other beneath the covers even when we don’t want to snuggle.
- Snuggling is awesome.
- There is ALWAYS enough when we trust God to provide.
- I have never, and I mean never gone a day without a meal except by my own choice.
- Don’t let the unsaid, go unsaid. Say it, get it out in the open and don’t dwell on it once you’ve said it.
- When we rely on each other we are better equipped to withstand any storm.
- When we rely on God we will STAND solid as a rock.
- Submission is hard! But, it is right.
- My mother was right, more than I ever want to admit.
- Never part from each other’s presence without saying “I love you.” you never know.
- Kiss goodnight, you never know where it might lead. 😉
- It’s NOT all about Me. We are in this together.
- Forgive, Forgive, Forgive. When Jesus Forgives, He forgets. So Forget, Forget, Forget. Easier said than done.
Whatever year you are celebrating, know that working to build a strong marriage is worth it. Working to learn how to balance your wants/needs with his wants/needs is important. If you are married to a good man, who is working to honor you, while you honor him… then you are blessed.
Blessings of a Peaceful Marriage,