Sometimes when teaching music in homeschool you don’t really have time to dive in to a complete 32 week lesson series. Instead, perhaps what will work best for your classroom is to study music in bite size chunks.
Allowing your children to learn about great artists, classical composers or music theory a little at a time can help them to retain more of what they are learning.
This post contains affiliate advertisement links.
Utilizing unit studies, lapbooks or notebooking pages can do exactly that. Allow you an opportunity to teach music in homeschool without fully committing to a 32 week lesson.
You can add in that extra without feeling overwhelmed or under prepared. Which is why I’m sharing with you a list of resources where you can find the kind of study that will best fit your family.
And, with 31 resource options to choose from, you should have more than enough opportunities to cover several years of music education without ever feeling overwhelmed with this extra.
Music Unit Studies, Lapbooks, and Notebooking Pages Resources
- Bach Composer Study – Squidoo
- Classical Composers and Instruments Lapbook – Knowledge Box Central
- Classical Composers Connections – Homeschool Share
- Composers Lapbook Activity Packs from Homeschooling in the Woods
- Composer Notebooking Page – The Notebooking Fairy
- Composer Study – Squidoo
- Composer Study – Wonder in the Woods
- Composer Study Resources – Our Journey Westward
- Cool Composers Notebooking Pages – Homeschool Notebooking
- Creative Composers Unit Study – Amanda Bennett
- Creative Composers Unit Study – Homeschool Notebooking
- Ella Fitzgerald Biography Mini Unit – Look We’re Learning
- Famous Composers Notebook Pages – Notebooking Pages
- Free Homeschool Biographical Notebooking Pages – Homeschool Helper
- Free Music Theory Lapbook – Anna’s Xanga Site
- Famous Musician Biography Pages – Practical Pages
- Great Composers Notebooking Pages – The Notebooking Nook
- Hands-On History Activity-Paks: Composers – Homeschool in the Woods
- Hymn Study for Homeschoolers – Contented at Home
- Kids Learn Music – Free Lapbook – 123Homeschool for Me
- Miles Davis Biography Mini Unit – Look We’re Learning
- Montessori Inspired Music Studies – Living Montessori Now
- More Charlotte Mason Composer Study – Jimmies Collage
- Music History Lapbook Study – Color in My Piano
- Music Study – Simply Charlotte Mason
- Music Study– Ambleside Online
- Nat King Cole Biography Mini Unit – Look We’re Learning
- Otis Redding Biography Mini Unit – Look We’re Learning
- Verdi Composer Study and Opera Lapbook from Jimmies Collage
- We Got Jazz: Exploring the Pioneers of Scat, Bebop, and Swing – Look We’re Learning
- World’s Greatest Composers – Confessions of a Homeschooler
5 Music in Homeschool Posts
- The Ultimate How to Teach Music in Homeschool Guide
- Top 10 Music Appreciation Curricula for Homeschoolers
- Teaching Music in Homeschool with Field Trips
- Unit Studies for Teaching Music in Homeschool
- Learning to Play Music in Homeschool
What are your favorite homeschooling with unit studies or other hands on resources for teaching music? Please share them in the comments below so I can add them to the list.
Sign up for your FREE Trial and let your kids learn to play the guitar from the comforts of your own home.
This 5-day Homeschool Hopscotch is part of the iHomeschool Network Homeschool Hopscotch.
You May Also Like