Sometimes I like to pop in here to the blog and share a bit of marriage or family inspiration. I don’t know about your but I find great inspirational quotes to motivate me to love more, do more, and be a better wife, and mom.
Which is why I’ve gathered 50 of my favorite marriage quotes to share with you.
It’s no secret that I love my marriage.
Believe me; I understand that marriage isn’t always easy; in fact it’s sometimes very hard. But joy, well, joy is something we choose regardless of circumstances. We decide that no matter what happens in life, what difficulty, or sorrow, or fear might come our way, we can decide to face it with a joyful heart.
I’ve learned through the years that when we do that, peace is often close at hand. I’ve learned that having a content, joyful, spirit allows me to be at peace. I see it present during good times and bad, during better and worse, during times of plenty and in times of want. Peace is a well-being that dwells deep in the soul.
Over the years I’ve found a joyful peace. The source of which for me comes from two places. The first is, and will ever remain, in God the Father through my Savior, Jesus Christ. The second is in the ever abiding, gentle love of my husband.
I hope and pray that you too, can find the kind of joyful peace that can exist in marriage.
This post contains affiliate advertisement links.
Marriage Quotes from Bible Passages
- “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” – Genesis 2:24
- “And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.” – Genesis 2:25
- “And it came to pass, when he was come near to enter into Egypt, that he said unto Sarai his wife, Behold now, I know that thou art a fair woman to look upon:” -Genesis 12:11
- “And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah’s tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death.” – Genesis 24:67
- “Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.” – Psalm 128:3
- “Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.” – Proverbs 5:18
- “A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.” – Proverbs 12:4
- “Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.” – Proverbs 14:1
- “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.” – Proverbs 18:22
- “Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.” -Ecclesiastes 9:9
- “Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.” – Proverbs 31:10-12
- “The song of songs, which is Solomon’s. Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine. Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.” – Song of Solomon 1:1-3
- “My beloved is mine, and I am his…” – Song of Solomon 2:16
- “I am my beloved’s, and his desire is toward me.” – Song of Solomon 7:10
- “And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?” – Matthew 19:5
- “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,” – Ephesians 5:22-26
- “Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.” – Ephesians 5:33
- “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.” – Colossians 3:18-19
- “Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.” – 1 Peter 3:7
- “…that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.” – Titus 2:4-5
Encouraging Marriage Quotes
- “Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.” – Martin Luther
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time.” – Julia Child
- “My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.” – Winston Churchill
- “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me… everyday.”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
- “Ye are Blood of my Blood, and Bone of my Bone, I give ye my Body, that we Two might be One. I give ye my Spirit, ’til our Life shall be Done.” ― Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
- “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” ― Dave Meurer
- “What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life–to strengthen each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?” ― George Eliot, Adam Bede
- “To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.” ― Ogden Nash
- “I know what it is to live entirely for and with what I love best on earth. I hold myself supremely blest — blest beyond what language can express; because I am my husband’s life as fully as he is mine.” ― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
- “There is nothing more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.” ― Homer, The Odyssey
- “There must be a stronger foundation than mere friendship or sexual attraction.Unconditional love, agape love, will not be swayed by time or circumstances.” ― Stephen Kendrick, The Love Dare
- “A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” ― Pearl S. Buck
- “Marriage: Love is the reason. Lifelong friendship is the gift. Kindness is the cause. Til’ death do us part is the length.” – Fawn Weaver
- “Where there is love, there is life.” – Mahatma Gandh
- “A long-lasting marriage is built by two people who believe in -and live by- the solemn promise they made.” – Darlene Schacht
- “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” – Henry Ford
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, So I never have to live without you.”- A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
- “There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps.” – Ronald Reagan
- “The happy State of Matrimony is, undoubtedly, the surest and most lasting Foundation of Comfort and Love . . . the Cause of all good Order in the World, and what alone preserves it from the utmost Confusion.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “What a happy and holy fashion it is that those who love one another should rest on the same pillow.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “The most precious gift that marriage gave me was the constant impact of something very close and intimate, yet all the time unmistakably other, resistant – in a word, real.” – C.S. Lewis
- “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “I can’t say any more than I love you. Anything else would be a waste of breath.” – Elvis Costello
- “I can’t say any more than I love you. Anything else would be a waste of breath.” – German Proverb
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Love is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other everyday.” – Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding
- “Grow old along with me. The best is yet to be – the last of life for which the first was made.” -Robert Browning
- “I fell in love with you like the stars fell in love with the sky, without you I am empty and bare.” – Seja Majeed
Get the complete list of 50 quotes, plus 3 printable marriage quotes wall art for free. Plus receive my Great Peace in your inbox newsletter.
What are your favorite marriage quotes? I’d love for you to share in comments and let me know what inspires you to find joy and peace in your marriage.
Be Sure to Read: