When we gather around the table as a family we open the door to conversation, laughter, and family bonding. Which is why the more often we do so the better. Breakfast is a good time to meet up around the table and a great way to start the day. These Blueberry Pancakes with White Chocolate Morsels are full of delicious goodness that will please even the pickiest of eaters.
Did you know that January 28th is National Blueberry Pancake Day? So, that means it will be the perfect time to whip up these pancakes that are fluffy, tender, and oh so yummy!
Blueberry pancakes are a classic American breakfast dish. Blueberries are healthy and full of antioxidants. Yet, they are so tasty! With the addition of the white chocolate or white baking morsels you add creamy, milky flavor to the stack.
This post contains affiliate advertisement links.
Blueberry Pancakes with White Chocolate Recipe
- 3/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup shaved white chocolate morsels, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the whole milk, whipping cream and lemon juice. Stir to combine and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Separate the egg white and yolk into separate small bowls. Set aside the egg yolk.
- Vigorously whisk the egg white with a fork until light and frothy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, pour in the milk mixture along with the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- You now have 1 bowl with dry ingredients, 1 bowl with the milk mixture, and 1 bowl with egg white. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until no lumps are present.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until it is almost integrated but some egg white is still separate. You don’t want to over stir since you’ve got some lovely volume with the egg whites and over stirring will flatten your batter.
- Fold in the blueberries and white chocolate very carefully just until integrated.
- Spread the butter onto the griddle and ladle out 1/3 cup batter at a time.
- After about 3 minutes, check the bottom of the pancake. If it’s a nice golden brown then it’s time to flip. These luscious pancakes do not have normal bubbles in the batter so you can’t really watch for bubbles around the edge like other recipes.
- Cook until brown on both sides.
- Serve with blueberries, syrup, and butter.
Gathering around the table for breakfast can become a special time. Whether you celebrate National Blueberry Pancake Day or you simply enjoy these delectable pancakes as a weekend treat is up to you. But, they are so good, they may just become a new family tradition.
Don’t you just love blueberries?
Plant your own blueberry bush. This way you can have the freshest blueberries possible. They grow well in most of the U.S. and you can preserve them simply by freezing for use year round.
Don’t have a green thumb? Stock up on Blueberry Jam, it’ll taste great on biscuits or croissant rolls any time of the day, but especially as a breakfast treat.
Use a Blueberry Scrub to exfoliate and cleanse your skin and get the added benefits of those healthy antioxidants.
Don’t Miss These Family Dinner Ideas