Are you a homeschooling mom seeking to put a little oomph into your homeschooling days? Is the long days of winter feeling a bit drab and you find yourself gazing through travel magazines thinking about summer vacation? Spring is just around the corner and the perfect time to plan a homeschool field trip.
If you live in or near Ohio you know that it’s a state that is filled with history, industry, and attractions. Whether your family prefers historical museums and sites, or exploring nature, northwest Ohio will delight and surprise you with it’s homeschool field trip offerings.
This page contains affiliate advertisement links.
25 Northwest Ohio Homeschool Field Trip Ideas
- Bears Mill – Greenville
- Fort Meigs — Perrysburg
- American Civil War Museum of Ohio – Tiffin
- Fulton County Historical Society & Museum – Fulton
- Twinsburg Historical Society – Twinsburg
- Wolcott House – Maumee
- The Tiffin Glass Museum — Seneca
- Marblehead Lighthouse Museum – Marblehead
- Maritime Museum of Sandusky – Sandusky
- Delphos Museum of Postal History – Delphos
- Liberty Aviation Museum – Port Clinton
Nature Parks & Preserves
- Daughmer Prairie Savannah State Nature Preserve – Bucyrus
- Glacial Grooves State Memorial – Kelley’s Island
- Old Woman Creek State Nature Preserve – Huron
- Metzger Marsh State Wildlife Area – Lucas County
- Magee Marsh Wildlife Area -Oak Harbor
- Ohio Caverns – West Liberty
With these 25 places to visit in Ohio you can stay busy all year long.
Have you visited any of these site? Which was your favorite? I’d love to know, tell me in the comments below.