Southwest Ohio is filled with rich history. From the Native Americans who dwelt there, the underground railroad which played such an important role in American history, to the birthplace of aviation, so many events were witnessed on the banks of the mighty Ohio River.
Today, I want share some of Southwest Ohio’s rich homeschool resources. Places that are important for both Ohio history as well as American history.
So whether you are an Ohio homeschooler, a neighbor from a nearby state, or from further away, consider making a visit to Southwest Ohio where historical field trips abound.
10 Ohio Field Trips in the Southwest Part of the State
- Edge of Appalachia Preserve– West Union
- Contemporary Arts Center– Cincinnati
- Blue Jacket Drama– Xenia
- Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park & Museum– Hamilton
- Pennsylvania House Museum– Springfield, (A National Road Museum)
- Harriett Beecher Stowe House– Cincinnati
- Learning Center and Money Museum, Federal Reserve – Cleveland
- William Howard Taft National Historic Site– Cincinnati
- National Air force Museum– Dayton
- National Underground Railroad & Freedom Center– Cincinnati
And while you’re in Southwest Ohio you should plan to cross the river into Kentucky.
What about you? Have you a wonderful field trip place you’d like to share with other homeschoolers?